Agister-to-Agister Standards and Mentoring
Presented by the British Columbia Herdshare Association
“From Grass to Glass: Farm-Fresh Milk Excellence”
Get trained in safe and nutritious farm-fresh, unprocessed milk production, for herdshares and fresh milk dairy farms of any size. Any type of dairy livestock, one animal or 400, Raw Milk Institute standards and on-farm food safety training program can work for you!
Course Objectives: Herdshare agisters will learn about fresh milk best practices and how to create and implement food safety plans tailored-to their individual farm.
We will cover:
- Introduction – The Raw Milk Institute (RAWMI) and the British Columbia Herdshare Association (BCHA)
- Conditions for the production of safe fresh milk
- Why we test for coliforms, standard plate count, and pathogens
- Identifying your Critical Control Points (CCPs)
- On-Farm Food Safety Planning: the Standard Sanitary Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Risk Assessment and Management Plan (RAMP)
- Sanitary management of fresh milk
- The importance of livestock diet for milk quality
- Caring for fresh milk: The responsible herdshare member
- Questions and answers
Mentoring provided on-site at your farm by a trained herdshare agister.
Cost: This training is provided as a free service to the herdshare community by the British Columbia Herdshare Association. Donations to help cover instructor time and travel costs are appreciated!
Trained in raw milk best practices at the Raw Milk Institute’s demonstration farm in California and in food safety at BCIT, Alice Jongerden is a RAWMI-trained peer mentor and operated Canada’s first RAWMI-Listed farm (2013). As a RAWMI-trainer, she has trained agisters in both BC and Ontario, and is a member of the research team which developed the “BC Fresh Milk Project.”
For more information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in this form below.
To request training, go to the page “How to Become RAWMI-Listed” and either fill in the form at the bottom of the page or download and fill in this Listing Application form (.XLS format) and email it to email@example.com.