The financial officer is responsible for overall financial management, maintaining accounting records, budgeting and forecasting, producing financial statements, and fulfilling the financial and reporting requirements of the Society Act.
- Keep accurate accounts of all assets, liabilities, receipts and disbursements,
- Be knowledgeable about who has access to the organization’s funds, and any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as developing systems for keeping cash flow manageable
- Develop the annual budget
- Develop financial policies and procedures
- Keep the board informed of key financial events, trends, and concerns
- Complete required financial reports
- If applicable, issue of income tax receipts and file federal income tax forms
- As a team lead, supervise, coach, motivate, and train volunteer members of the financial management team.