Being a non-profit association, BCHA is volunteer-run. We are looking for volunteers who
- Believe in the vision of an organization to serve the herdshare community of B.C.
- Believe in communicating this vision and inspiring others.
- Are passionate about supporting local, sustainable agriculture; food sovereignty and food security; and direct farm-to-consumer commerce.
- Enjoy actively participating as team members.
We’d like to offer a regular newsletter to our members, but we need volunteers interested and skilled in order to do it. The main activities of the Newsletter Coordinator position would be:
- Soliciting and writing articles.
- Publishing the newsletter on a regular basis, under the supervision and with the assistance of the Vice-President Communications.
- Distributing electronic copies of newsletters and announcements using PhPList or other software.
- Collaborating with other members of the Communications Team.
- Helping to recruit other volunteers to help out.
- As a fundraiser to help with printing costs, finding potential advertisers and sponsors who would like their advertisements to appear in the newsletter.
What Would Be an Asset?
- Previous experience in a non-profit
- Previous experience publishing newsletters or other publications
- Previous experience using mailing list software for newsletter distribution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Graphics design skills
- Willing to learn new skills,
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed