The Program Coordinator oversees program development and the activities and services provided by the organization in its three program areas of support, education, and advocacy.
- Develop/create courses and programs to meet the needs of the herdshare community and carry out the mission of the organization and its purposes.
- Actively seek feedback from service participants and the broader herdshare community in order to meet the changing needs of the herdshare community
- Oversee program development and delivery
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit volunteers to help the organization carry out its mandate.
- As a team lead, supervise, coach, motivate, and train volunteers who carry out the services and activities of the organization.
- Develop a program-area budget and liaise with the Financial Officer and Fundraising Coordinator to ensure that funds are available for program delivery.
What Would Be an Asset:
- Previous experience in a service-oriented or agriculture-related non-profit organization,
- Previous experience as a program coordinator or program director
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Other: The Board holds regular meetings, usually by videoconferencing (Google Hangouts).