Now that BCHA’s bylaws has been updated in accordance with the new Societies Act, BCHA is advertising for volunteers. Do you support local, sustainable agriculture; food sovereignty and food security; direct farm-to-consumer commerce; and farm-fresh, unprocessed milk? Do you believe in the vision of a province-wide organization to serve the herdshare community of B.C.? Do you want to be a voting member of BCHA? If you can spare a few hours a month of your time, we’re looking for volunteers for:
Board of Director Positions:
- Communications Coordinator – correspondence, email, website, social media, newsletters, and media relations
- Financial Officer – bookkeeping, financial policies, financial reporting
- Fundraising Coordinator – fundraising programs and campaigns
- Planning Coordinator – leadership, strategic planning, and oversight
- Program Coordinator – oversees services provided to the community
- Records Officer – records management, filing, meeting minutes, government reporting requirements
- Volunteer Coordinator – recruiting and supporting volunteers.
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Agister mentors
- Local community event coordinators
- Newsletter editor
- Writers and researchers
Interested? Please fill in this application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Please email us.
More information about volunteering in Canada is provided in these publications: